Whether it’s collecting and recycling community waste or hauling debris from a construction project, count on York1 to deliver efficient, cost-effective solutions that meet your needs while taking care of the planet.
York1 Environmental Services
We take great pride in making communities cleaner and greener, no matter the scale. Here’s what we do:
Responsive waste collection at affordable and cost-effective rates.
RECYCLING AND TRANSFER
Advanced facilities for recycling and waste transfer.
CONTAMINATED SOIL TREATMENT and TRANSFER
Transfer and bioremediation of contaminated soil at our high-capacity licensed facility.
Hydro vacuum excavation to dig and move soil and waste safely and with minimal impact.
ROLL-OFF BIN Rental
Rental of clean fill and waste bins. Order now.
Scrap Metal Services
Full-service scrap metal recycling for residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
SAFETY AND SUSTAINABILITY IN EVERYTHING WE DO
At York1, getting the work done right means delivering quality results and service safely and sustainably― for our workers, for the communities where we are working, and for the environment.
Your Community COmes First
- Creation of site-specific health and safety plans for each project, including regular site audits.
- Our team members are chosen because they share our values of respect and putting the customer first.
- We go the extra mile to minimize noise, dirt, dust and disruption to the areas where we work.
We keep our workers safe
- Our in-house health and safety committee promotes and supports ongoing worker safety training.
- Our specialists licenses are kept up to date.
We Protect the Environment
- By helping businesses and communities manage their waste better and divert as much as possible from landfills.
- Through bioremediation and safe reuse of contaminated soil.
We’ve worked with the biggest names in construction and land development, on projects that have ranged from residential to commercial and public infrastructures.
With over 3 million metric tonnes of waste diverted from landfills, and over more than 70 years of experience, our teams have what it takes to make your business or community cleaner and greener.
Coxwell Bypass Tunnel York1 is helping to build the 10.5-kilometre tunnel, which will divert combined sewer overflow from entering Lake Ontario and the Don River.
Ashbridges Bay Treatment Plant Outfall Tunnel Located beneath Lake Ontario, the 3.5 kilometre-long outfall tunnel will help clean up the city’s shorelines and beaches with treated water.
Peel Tunnel The 2.2 kilometre-long tunnel is helping develop residential areas in Mississauga by delivering improved and refreshed water to houses and apartments in Peel Region.