Department: York1 Shoring and Foundations Ltd – Operations
Hours: 7:00am – 3:00pm
Reports to: Shop and Equipment Manager
The Field Mechanic will be responsible for inspecting, repairing, and maintaining heavy duty equipment by coordinating, diagnosing and troubleshooting on a regular basis. The role will be required to manage tools and supplies and ensure the equipment is always in working order.
Key Functions & Duties:
- Perform routine diagnostics and repairs on equipment using diagnostic tools, hand tools and measuring instruments
- Responsible for inspecting and performing troubleshooting to diesel engines, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems
- Operate and test equipment on site and in field to ensure quality and efficiency standards
- Perform major repairs to engines, electrical and fuel systems when required
- Create a preventative maintenance schedule to follow and use as a guideline
- Conduct oil changes, lubrication of equipment and tire replacements on an as need basis
- Ensure entering of work orders and replacement parts are ordered in a timely manner
- Create and maintain a timely and detailed service report and repair reports
- Provide exceptional quality work in a timely fashion
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 5 years of experience as a Field Mechanic (Construction Industry preferred)
- Must own your own tools
- Possesses a valid and up to date driver’s license
- Understands how to engage with internal and external clients in a customer centric way
- Strong attention to detail with ability to produce accurate and quality work under tight deadlines and minimal supervision
- Well organized and able to work accurately and effectively under pressure
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
Why work with York1?
Our employees play an important role in helping us achieve our mission of providing exceptional service and innovative solutions through our infrastructure and environmental services to some of the largest commercial and residential projects across the GTA and Southern Ontario. They are foundation to our success and represent our greatest strength. We focus on investing in our employees through career development programs, training and internal opportunities and advancement. Right here and right now, we are building a culture of success that you can be apart of!
We would like to thank everyone who applies, however only those applicants who are most qualified will be contacted.