Location: Various Locations throughout the GTA
The Laborer will be responsible for performing various general labor tasks associated with deep dig excavation. The position may operate a variety of hand and power tools and may clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris, and remove waste materials. The position may assist other workers. The Laborer is expected to use their experience and judgment to make decisions within their limits of authority.
Key Functions & Duties:
- Maintaining good attendance and punctuality
- Flexibility with a work schedule that has varying start times and end times
- Performs equipment decontaminations, confined space entries, soil remediation work, and underground storage tank cleaning and removal
- Maintain, clean, and organize equipment and supplies
- Perform system construction activities in a safe and proper manner
- Assist Supervisor and foreman as requested.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations, corporate policies/standards, and legislated requirements
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Understand environmental and health & safety regulations
- Walk long distances and stand in uneven terrain as well as work in extreme (hot and cold) weather conditions.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a non-consistent basis
- Must complete pre-employment testing
- Prior experience working around heavy construction equipment desired