Break It Down
YORK1 Demolition has completed numerous partial demolition and interior demolition projects. Great care is taken in planning and executing the isolation of the structures to be demolished from those to remain. This may include supervision by a structural engineer, hoarding or shoring, waterproofing, and/or dustproofing.
SELECTIVE & Interior Demolition
Detailed drawings/plans are often provided to our team of experts, which enable them to efficiently remove interior partitions and finishes that are scheduled to be removed, as well as any mechanical and electrical systems. Common to both partial and interior demolition, all waste is separated onsite into various recyclable commodities and sent to recyclable markets. Just like with a total demolition, our health and safety policies are in line with regulations and site-specific considerations. Whether a total demolition or a selective demolition, our team always provides exemplary service and attention to safety and efficiency.
Projects we've worked on:
Air Canada HANGaR
We were awarded the abatement and disassembly of the 145,000 sf section of the AC hangars, marking the first step in modernizing the hangars at the Toronto Pearson International Airport. The project involved isolating, relocating, and reworking major systems in the center of eight hangars, with Hangers 1 & 2 remaining active until the new ones were constructed within the footprint of Hangars 3, 4 & 5.
old brick brewery
The project focused on asbestos abatement, selective demolition, and the retention of the façade of a 12,000 sf former brewery. After our expert abatement team removed the asbestos, the demolition team began the interior demolition of the structure. The project involved the removal of all interior finishes. After 3rd party structural steel support elements were added, the roof, external walls, inner flooring, and wood structural framing were all removed by our team of experts. This effectively isolated the centre of the structure from the rear and left the supported historical front section in place for future reuse.
ST. Peter's Hospital
A fire occurred in the unused south wing of St. Peter's Hospital, prompting its demolition. Before commencing work, the demolition team established dust and infectious disease control plans, isolated the job site from the active section of the hospital, abated asbestos, dismantled the 24,000 sf structure, and restored the site.
FAÇADE PRESERVATION AND HISTORICAL SALVAGE
We come with a great deal of experience with selective demolition projects. Whether you are looking to preserve the historical façade of a building, or you have a building that has been deemed to have historical assets, we can help you by developing a detailed demolition plan, outlining the structural safety plan to ensure the integrity of the building, as well as an overview of the assets that are to be preserved, numbered, and prepared for storage.
Preserving a building's façade during selective demolition entails an initial assessment of its historical and structural importance, followed by the installation of temporary supports to prevent collapse. Non-structural elements are carefully removed for potential restoration, salvaging valuable materials for reuse. Protective measures like fencing or hoarding are put in place to shield the facade from debris and vibrations during demolition. Precise demolition techniques are then used to remove only the unnecessary portions, after which the façade undergoes repairs and restoration. Thorough cleaning and ongoing maintenance measures are implemented, and detailed documentation is maintained throughout the process to record any modifications or changes made. This comprehensive approach ensures the façade's preservation while allowing for necessary structural updates or renovations.
Preserving a building's facade during selective demolition is critical for maintaining its historical and architectural value while allowing for necessary structural changes or renovations. It requires a delicate balance between preserving the old and preparing for the new.
Why choose YORK1 for SeleCtive demo?
- Expertise You Can Trust: YORK1 boasts a team of seasoned professionals who are experts in selective demolition. We have the knowledge and experience to handle even the most complex projects with finesse.
- Safety First: Safety is our top priority. We adhere to stringent safety protocols and regulations to ensure that every demolition project is executed without incident, protecting both our team and your property.
- Cutting-Edge Equipment: We invest in state-of-the-art equipment and technology to maximize efficiency and accuracy in our selective demo processes. This allows us to complete projects promptly while minimizing disruptions.
- Environmental Responsibility: YORK1 is committed to eco-friendly practices. We prioritize recycling and responsible waste disposal, reducing our environmental footprint and contributing to a sustainable future.
- Comprehensive Services: Whether it's interior demolition, structural dismantling, or site restoration, YORK1 provides a full spectrum of selective demolition services tailored to your specific requirements.
- Transparent Communication: We believe in clear and open communication throughout the project. Our team keeps you informed every step of the way, ensuring your peace of mind.
- Cost-Effective Solutions: YORK1 understands the value of budget-conscious projects. We offer competitive pricing without compromising on the quality of our work.
Contact YORK1 Demolition Today
Reach out to us today to receive a customized quote for your selective demolition project in Canada. Our expert team at YORK1 is ready to provide you with competitive pricing and exceptional service tailored to your specific needs.