Date of last revision: May 15th, 2021
At York1, protecting your Personal Information is very important to us. We want you to feel secure about any Personal Information you provide to us. As part of our ongoing efforts to keep you informed about our privacy practices, we have prepared this policy and make it available in its current form on our website at www.york1.com/privacy-policy/. When changes are made to this policy a new version will be posted to the website with an updated effective date at the top.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal Information means any information collected in any manner (e.g. verbally, written, electronically), recorded in any form (including audio and video recordings) about an identified individual or that is of a nature that an individual’s identity may be inferred or determined from such information.
WHY YORK1 COLLECTS AND USES PERSONAL INFORMATION
York1 collects and uses Personal Information that we, or our third party service providers on our behalf, may use to:
- Establish, organize, and manage our business relationship with you
- Communicate with, and provide information to, customers and others about products, services and offers that may be of interest to them
- Analyze the delivery and your use of our services
- Evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing services or products
- Customize services and products that we offer through our websites
- Evaluate and improve the content of our websites
- Measure digital use patterns of our website users
- Allow our third party service providers, such as marketing partners, analytics firms, and payment processing vendors, to process, analyze or store your information.
- Protect us from error, fraud, or theft
- Assess your credit or financial standing
- Communicate direct marketing and advertising material to you
- Defend ourselves against claims or allegations
- Adhere to applicable legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Accommodate various other purposes necessary to carry out its business that are generally consistent with these purposes.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The Personal Information we collect, use and disclose will depend upon the nature of our relationship and business with you. In most cases, it depends upon the products or services you are interested in, and the amount of information we need to communicate with you, assess eligibility, meet our obligations and run our businesses. Knowing you better helps us understand your needs and ultimately to provide the right products and services for you.
This website and York1’s services are not directed to children under the age of 18, and we ask that minors not submit any Personal Information to us. If you have reason to believe a minor has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us to request that such information be deleted from our records.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OBTAIN CONSENT
Personal Information is collected from you directly online, over the telephone, in written form or in face-to-face meetings and visits. York1 collects Personal Information using various ways including accessing our websites and digital applications, via emails as part of a customer service request or account registration, applying for a position via the website and through our request a quote process.
York1 may also collect Personal Information from third parties, such as analytics partners who may use technology to analyze your browsing tendencies of our website and share this information with us. The use of search engine optimization tools to track your use on our websites. Engaging our processing payment providers and credit reporting agencies. We will take efforts to ensure the information obtained from third parties is accurate, however we accept no responsibility for inaccurate information.
In most cases you are free to refuse or withdraw your consent at any time upon reasonable notice. Certain products and services can only be offered if a person provides Personal Information to York1. Consequently, if an individual chooses not provide us with certain Personal Information, we may not be able to offer our products and services. In other cases, we may be required to use or store Personal Information for a period of time after you withdraw your consent, for legal or contractual purposes.
We use only fair and lawful methods to collect Personal Information and only collect, use and disclose Personal Information as is required to carry on our business and adhere to the law. York1 does not sell or rent Personal Information to third parties.
WHEN YORK1 MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may also share your Personal Information to third parties who perform services for us or on our behalf. Where York1 discloses Personal Information to service providers, we will require them to use such information solely for the purposes of providing services to the person concerned or York1 and to have appropriate safeguards for the protection of that Personal Information.
There are certain circumstances where we may, or may be required to, collect, use or disclose your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent. Those circumstances include: if the disclosure is required by law (including compliance with court orders and rules) or lawfully requested by a government agency; information is provided to our lawyers in appropriate circumstances; for the purpose of collecting a debt you owe to us; where necessary in an emergency situation; or to investigate potential breaches of contract or law.
Where obliged or permitted to disclose Personal Information without consent, York1 will not disclose more information than is required.
THE ACCURACY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
York1 endeavours to ensure that any Personal Information provided and in its possession is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which we use the information. If you notify us that your Personal Information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, York1 will revise the Personal Information and, if necessary, use its best efforts to inform third parties of the updates.
Your Personal Information is retained only as long as we need it to effectively provide products and services to you, and for a reasonable length of time thereafter, in case we need it to complete obligations to you, resolve a dispute, or meet our legal obligations. After the Personal Information is no longer necessary, it will be destroyed or made anonymous.
York1 uses reasonable care when storing or destroying your Personal Information in order to prevent unauthorized access.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to make a written request to access your Personal Information held by us. To guard against fraudulent requests for access or revision, we may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity.
In some cases, York1 will not be able to change Personal Information it maintains, but will append in its records any alternative information provided by the individual. Similarly, York1 may not be able to fulfil all or part of an access request, but will explain the reasons for this and whether you have a right to challenge that decision.
York1 will not charge you for verifying or correcting your information, however, to the extent permitted by applicable law there may be a charge if you request a copy of records.
OUR WEBSITE AND COOKIES
When you access or otherwise use our websites or other digital services, we automatically collect certain data, including:
- Information about the device you use to access any of the services, including the Internet Protocol address, hardware model, operating system and version, mobile network information and other unique device identifiers.
- information gathered by cookies, web beacons, or other types of small temporary files or web-based tracking technologies. Like many other websites, cookies and these other technologies may be used in order to improve your individual experience as a user of our services, or to generally improve or enhance the overall functionality of the services.
- subject to your device permissions, information about the precise or general location of your device, to customize our services based on your location. You can prevent your device from sharing precise location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings.
- social media information, to the extent we offer any social media interaction features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect your Internet Protocol address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Your interactions with these features may be governed by the privacy policies of the company providing it.
We may use advertising cookies so that we can understand what products or services you are interested in, and show you ads on other websites based on how you interacted with York1’s website. Cookies from other sites may also be used to show you advertising on York1’s website. This information does not directly identify you, such as by name or contact information. You can disable or manage your cookie preferences within your device or browser setting to prevent this.
York1 may also use third party analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to collect and process certain data about your use of our website, other websites, apps, and online resources. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google LLC (“Google”) that tracks and reports website traffic. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: policies.google.com/privacy. You can also install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on to prevent this data from being collected and used by Google Analytics, available at: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
York1 Privacy Officer
5090 Commerce Blvd., Suite 200
Mississauga, ON L4W 5M4
If we are not able to resolve your concern, you may have the right to raise a complaint with the privacy regulator in your province, state or country. You may contact York1 for more information about complaint escalation options available to you.