Location: Etobicoke, ON
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Various Locations throughout the GTA
The Heavy Equipment Operator will be responsible for operating a wide variety of heavy equipment vehicles that perform the spreading and compaction of construction demolition, soil remediation, commercial and residential waste disposed at the post collection facilities or on specified job sites.
Key Functions & Duties:
- Operates heavy equipment in compliance with the company operating safety policies and procedures.
- Conducts routine equipment inspections and preventative maintenance on equipment; maintains accurate records.
- Moves and positions raw materials and finished components with the use of material moving equipment.
- Follow appropriate standard operating procedures as guidelines for operating and maintaining vehicle
- Required to be relocated from job site to job site on an as-needed basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 5 years Operating Heavy Duty Equipment and of relevant work experience.
- Valid Driver License
- Ability to operate numerous soil excavation/remediation equipment.
- Ability to work within a cohesive team
- Understand environmental and health & safety regulations
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a non-consistent basis
- Must complete pre-employment testing
- Prior experience working around heavy construction equipment desired