At YORK1, we're committed to providing ethical, competent, cost-effective, and responsive asbestos removal services. We have extensive experience in testing, monitoring, project planning, and execution. We also offer initial site surveys, management plans, and building inspections to meet our clients' needs
We handle materials in compliance with the Ministry of Environment's regulations and guidelines.
- Licensed Transportation
- Disposal at MOE-approved Receiving Facilities
Abatement & Removal
Choose from our services below:
Turn-Key Demolition & Site Clean-Up
YORK1 provides full-service abatement, demolition, and cleanup services while adhering to all applicable government regulations. Returning your industrial brownfields to reusable sites. We take care of coordinating your demolition project from start to finish and are backed by a health & safety plan designed specifically for your individual project.
Preparation for successful remediation and site restoration begins with the safe dismantling of the structure.
- Pre-demolition inspections and cost evaluation
- Verification and disconnection of services
- Arranging for the sampling testing and identification of suspected materials
- Municipal permits
- Inspections and documentation
- Environmental surveys
- Hazardous material abatement
- Debris removal
- Removal of underground and above-ground storage tanks
- Removal of contaminated soils
In addition to the environmental and health & safety benefits, our onsite material separation and asset recovery of all salvageable materials gives you the value of otherwise wasted resources. These services ensure that 90% – 95% of all demolition waste from your job site is diverted from landfills.
Call us for a consultation and estimate for full demolition services and clean-up, give us a call.
What is asbestos?
Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral that is composed of bundles of resilient fibres. It served as an excellent insulator prior to the 1970’s. In 1971 the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) declared asbestos to be unsafe and a hazardous air pollutant causing health issues. When materials containing asbestos are disturbed or improperly removed the fibres can become airborne and often go unseen. This causes exposure without knowledge and could result in health problems 10 to 40 years after exposure to asbestos.
Exposure to airborne friable asbestos may result in a potential health risk by breathing in asbestos fibres. Continued exposure can increase the amount of fibres that remain in the lung and fibers embedded in lung tissue over time may cause serious lung diseases. Asbestos fibres associated with these health risks are too small to be seen with the naked eye, and smokers are at higher risk of developing asbestos-related diseases.
3 Major Health Effects From Asbestos Exposure
A rare form of malignant cancer involving the lining of the lungs, chest or abdomen. This disease is always associated with asbestos exposure and is often fatal.
Inflammation and scarring of fibrous lung tissue which results in a reduction in lung capacity.
In addition to lung, laryngeal, and ovarian cancers, asbestos exposure also increases the risk of developing pharyngeal, stomach, and colon cancers.
Why Choose YORK1's Specialized Asbestos Removal Team?
YORK1 Environmental Specialists are dedicated to providing effective solutions for the pressing environmental challenges of our time. Our comprehensive services encompass a wide array of capabilities:
- Specialized Equipment: We employ specialized equipment capable of safely eliminating asbestos from any residential or commercial setting, including concealed areas that are not easily accessible.
- Expertise and Certification: Our team comprises highly trained and certified professionals who possess the skills and knowledge to handle, encapsulate, or completely remove asbestos, ensuring the utmost safety for your environment.
- A Comprehensive Environmental Contractor: As a full-service environmental contractor, we go beyond asbestos removal. We offer a complete suite of environmental services designed to meet the diverse needs of our clients.
- Tailored Solutions: We recognize that every project is unique. Therefore, we customize our services to cater to the specific requirements of each customer, ensuring the most effective and efficient results.
- Diverse Clientele: Our clientele includes both residential, commercial, and institutional customers, making us a trusted partner for a wide range of property owners and businesses.
- End-to-End Support: From the initial inspection through to the final remediation phase, YORK1 Environmental Specialists provide unwavering support, guaranteeing the successful resolution of your environmental concerns.
YORK1 Environmental Specialists Who Offer Solutions To Today’s Environmental Problems
YORK1 Professionals Work on Projects Related to:
- Schools - public and private
- Commercial, industrial, offices, residential, and military bases
Committed to excellent customer service
Our experienced team always aims to go above and beyond for our clients. We constantly look for ways to improve and find cost-effective, environmentally friendly ways to provide excellent waste disposal services. We're also expanding our equipment and fleet to meet changing customer needs and prioritize safety and the environment.
Our Service Guarantee
- Dedication to customer service
- Experienced sales experts
- Full range of services
- Dedicated fleet
- Fully customized plans for our clients
- Solutions tailored to our clients' specific needs
- Continued support from initial inspection to final remediation